Thursday, March 7, 2013
NYFW Fall 2013 Trends
Kicking off fashion month, New York Fashion Week has come to a close and leaves with us several trends to keep in mind for the coming fall season:
1. Animal prints. Drawing on mostly leopard prints, designers also found themselves creating their own twists on zebra.
2. Earthy Tones. With an emphasis on forest greens, mustard yellows, and deep browns, the warmer, yet dark, colour palette will be a resident in this coming fall’s closet.
3. Floral. It may be winter, but designers aren’t taking total heed of Jack Frost’s warning. Floral patterns in wintery colours, as well as brights, populate dresses and separates.
4. Fur. After snowstorm Nemo, warmth could not have come at a better time with luxurious coats, scarves, and mitts.
5. Gold. If you’re torn between silver or gold, NYFW set its foot down. Delivering in variations of separates, patterns, outerwear, and evening wear, gold is the clear winner.
6. Shoulders. Perhaps just a complement of design, the lady’s shoulders are being given focus through padding, constructed accents, and deliberate colour blocking.